Monday, May 4, 2009

The first blog I wrote on facebook

For the ♥ of Money.

I've been struggling with some spiritual gifts I've been given these past 2 weeks. I have been sharing bits and pieces with a couple people, but I haven't really shared the full extent of things until last night. 

I realize I need to take a step back from everything, to let go and trust that the grace of God will guide me to where I wanna be. Trust that he will give me the strength to do what is necessary for me to experience his love. A love I have not fully experienced yet. I want that. 

To do that, I realize it MAY be a lonely path for a period of time. I'm scared. But I know I'll have God. I know I can rely on Mary, and she will hold my hand through things. This gives me strength, and comfort. 

I believe God allows us to experience good things in life, to give us a taste of what could eventually be so much greater, through him. Only when we accept this will we truly be satisfied. 

Kiley put it this way (with a slight re-interpretation of the phrase she used)-

" There is a one dollar bill. 

We see that one dollar bill, and we want to have it. 

It's a one dollar bill, it will provide us happiness with it's worth. 

At the same time, God is waiting for us with a FIVE dollar bill. 

It's only when we put down the one dollar bill, that God will lovingly HAND us the five dollar bill".

This makes so much sense. Sometimes we don't want to put down the one dollar bill. Sometimes we think a one dollar bill is all we need to be happy, because it makes us happy. We are aware there is a five dollar bill, and sometimes we can even see the five dollar bill, but are hesitant to receive it. 

God wants us to give it to us very badly. If we only let him make our lives better. 

We need money more than ever right now. ;) 


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment